วันเสาร์ที่ 23 มิถุนายน พ.ศ. 2555

Apple MacBook Pro MD322LL/A 15.4-Inch Laptop

So awesome. Great OS, fabulous improvements to the existing line bumping up the processor speed and adding the thunderbolt port. This is my second MacBook. The first one I had was a 2006 model, not the Pro. I fell in love with it. This one has had the same effect. I had upgraded my old MacBook to Lion, so I kind of knew what I was getting, but hadn't been able to enjoy some of the awesome new multi-touch features. The improvements to the OS have been relatively gradual, but substantive. The feel of this machine compared to the old MacBook is far superior. The Unibody construction is solid, sleek and beautiful. It is everything I'd hoped it would be from a look and feel standpoint, but somehow a bit more sturdy.

For the not so good, I got the stock screen - which is VERY glossy. I mean ... REALLY glossy. It's still beautiful and has better color reproduction than I could ever expect from a notebook. The reflectiveness of the display is only a minor inconvenience if you work in a controlled-lighting environment like me (I prefer it dark) or if you can crank up the brightness.

My real problem with it? The statement of 7 hour battery life is not just mere exaggeration -- it's a lie. I challenge anyone to show proof that through anywhere near normal use can get more than 2.5 hrs out of it. I've got the brightness all the way down to just one notch above 'off' and the keyboard backlight off. The first full charge of this battery got me only about 2 full hours. Enabling the battery timer is useless. The "Time remaining" goes from 4 hours plus to less than 2 hours over the span of about 10 minutes. It's a joke. It's so bad that I'm thinking I only got half a battery or something.

I researched this purchase EXTENSIVELY via Amazon, Best Buy, other retailers, and my local university (with educational pricing for staff/students/faculty). In the end, I ended up purchasing this machine from Best Buy as the price was the same and I had a line of credit (although I had to pay tax: hey, someone has to help pay for our roads, right?)

In short, I can't say enough positive things about this purchase. This machine is INCREDIBLY fast, the interface is slick (although it takes some getting used to coming from the Windows world - especially window minimizing and the function keys), and with an iPhone 4S and iPad 2, iTunes syncing is a DREAM compared to Windows (on purpose, El Steve?).

The screen is plenty big (if you're waffling between 15" and 17", go to a local Best Buy or Apple Store and play around with each - the 17" has better resolution, but lift them up and check the weight - I prefer the 15" for portability and weight, but you're choice will depend on use), and I ordered the 8GB memory package from Amazon (which should show up any day now). Regarding memory I will say: 4GB is just enough; the OS and apps eat up just about every bit, so I'm looking forward to 8GB.

The backlit keyboard is a dream to type on, the magnetic charger is kid-proof, and the multi-touch trackpad alone is well worth the price (I'm a big fan of the two-finger "reverse scrolling", the back-and-forth swiping in Safari is SO convenient, and the 3/4 finger swiping to bring up LaunchPad and the like is great).

My sole complaint is the lack of USB ports, but only because I'm using a Logitech M305 wireless mouse. If I had a true Mac-compatible Bluetooth mouse this wouldn't be an issue, but in hooking up an external USB drive for Time Machine backups (a Western Digital 2TB) and the Logitech dongle, I'm out of USB ports when I have to sync my iPhone or iPad. But hey, with everything else being incredibly integrated, I'm not complaining THAT much.

us prices skunk2 racing lowering springs 1996 2000 honda civic del sol all models 2 50 2 25
us prices spyder auto toyota tacoma black halogen led projector headlight
us prices mountain mtn8801a 12 volt battery jump booster pack with air compressor
us prices acdelco fw344 front wheel bearing assembly
us prices exedy kis05 oem replacement clutch kit
us prices fel pro hs9071pt1 head set
us prices c754 95 01 nissan mass air flow meter sensor housing 2268031u00 2268031u05 maxima infiniti i30 j30 q45 subaru impreza 95 96 97 98 99 00 01
us prices bbk 2522 rear upper control arm for ford mustang
us prices carpart4u dodge ram 150025003500 halo led black projector headlights and led day time running light package
us prices aem 21 8023dc gun metal brute force intake system
us prices toyota rav4 headlight oe style replacement headlamp passenger side new
us prices superlift 7045r leaf spring
us prices piaa 5294 520 smr lamp kit xtreme white drv smr 55w110w black rnd
us prices anzo usa 111050 nissan crystal chrome headlight assembly sold in pairs
us prices toyota rav4 headlight oe style replacement headlamp driver side new

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น